Friday, September 20, 2013

Graphic 45 / Petaloo Blog Hop 3!!! Recycled Metal Tin

O.K...Graphic 45 and Petaloo have such a great and diverse products ,that I decided to show you one more quick project you can whip up  in a matter of 10 minutes.

We all love recycling ,right?! If you just screamed "YES I AM ", then this project is just at your alley !
It's nothing new,we all have seen tins been recycled to store new products inside...I ain't going to invent the wheel for sure,just want to show you how I do it...and how easily you can do it with just a few simple handy tools
So, this is what  we are going to do today- an Upcycled Altered Coffee Tin
 photo recycled_coffee_tin_zpse3c66fc6.gif


This is how I did it-
You'll gonna need:
Metal Tin of some sort if you can't find the one I used
Graphic 45 "Place in Time" cardstock- September Cut-Aparts 4500608
Ricrac Ribbon
Petaloo Floral Embellishments -Darjeeling Mini Mix x 8Autumn ITEM: 1462-100
XYRON high tack 3/8"  Glue Dots
Petaloo Seaside Crochet Lace Fancy Trims-2.25 yds Aqua ITEM: 1482-129
Teresa Collins Thick Foam Squares (From her new Adhesive Kit )

So this is my  metal tin-it's an 'Elite' brand Turkish roasted coffee (I think it been sold in the US as well ;)
 First of, take your cardstock wrap it around the tin and mark the place where it overlaps
 Cut it to size.
My tin was 10.5" wide X 4.5" tall
 Run the cut cardstock through your 5" Creative Station loaded with Permanent adhesive cartridge
Wrap the cardstock around the perimeter of the tin

 Look at this cute kid concentrating ...thinking what we will do to him next :D
 Now what I like to do is, to overlap the "seam" with another piece of cardstock to secure the joints farther .
I cut another piece of cardstock,run it through my XYRON Sticker Maker

 And then figured out, that I just applied glue on the wrong side of my strip -shoot ;P
Thank God ,I have my XYRON Adhesive Eraser ,to fix my mistake-I rub it on the glue and the magical little thing have removed all traces of glue from my now clean and ready for a second chance decoration
 Second time is a charm
 See how I glued my cardstock strip right over the seam-now it will never open up.
 I continue the decoration process by applying glue to my ricrac ribbon,using my XYRON Tape Runner
And here is a TIP- use the leftover paper remaining from your Sticker Maker  underneath the ribbon to keep your workspace clear of glue residue while applying adhesive with your runners
 Adhering the ricrac ribbon in place
 Add more decorations....
Now if you're interested to know,how I decide where to put what, my rule is simple-
I look for 3D decorations similar in shapes and colours  to my printed cardstock elements and apply the 3D shapes on top.
  For example, here you see the ecru dot printed  on the cardstock...I looked for a similar 3D shape from the same color family and applied it on top

Same goes for other decorations- see how the graphic above has these orange and yellow apples and green leaves...I will find some 3D shapes in the same color scheme to decorate and blend with the background underneath .

Here,I'm adding some graphic 45 banners 


Time for some flowers :)
To connect my Petaloo blooms to the tin,I'm using XYRON 3/8" high tack glue dots

Gluing my flowers directly on top of  banners in place where the yellow/orange apples used to be
Using the same color palette to the printed graphic
 Now adding some  Steampunk gear die cuts by Piccoloto to my design
I decided to add it because of two reasons-first,I find it funny to add watch's gear to a graphic that has calculations printed on...it's like brain slowly turning it's gear to solve  a math problem :D
But more importantly, the 'Steampunk Spells' banner I used has the same gears printed design (remember, keep connecting your 3D shapes to your printed matter )


Use your 1.5" XYRON Sticker Maker to apply an even coat of adhesive to the die cuts
and glue them in place

Add some more gear decorations.
Graphic45 has gear die cuts   in the 'Steampunk Spells' banner collection,same collection I took the above ^^ banners from.
To make the die pop,I used Teresa Collins Adhesive Foam Squares


 Thinking some fancy lace ribbons by Petallo are in place  :)
Glue them in with the XYRON glue dots




 And my tin is ready for use!
Since it's a metal tin,you can   hang it on magnetic trails-how cool is that haa 



I added some labels to mine and store  dye chemicals inside .
bear_hugs

5 comments:

  1. I love this cans, are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tracy.rose@healthline.com1/10/13 07:34

    Hi Viki,

    Healthline is interested in contributing a guest post to pettibearsfashionroar.blogspot.com. We would be open to contributing any blog that would be of interest to your readers. Healthline bloggers have been featured on a variety of sites including:

    Washington Times: http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/tango-mind-and-emotion/2012/aug/10/how-healthy-choices-easy/
    Natural News: http://www.naturalnews.com/036515_diabetes_strawberries_prevention.html
    Patch.com: http://strongsville.patch.com/blog_posts/where-and-what-to-eat-in-cleveland-to-beat-the-winter-blues

    Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

    Warm Regards,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Information sharing .. I am very happy to read this article .. thanks for giving us go through info.Fantastic nice. I appreciate this post. casualstyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, and great website. Thanks for the information! website

    ReplyDelete