Sunday, May 29, 2011

Birthdays weekend


The end of May turned out to be  a birthday weekend...
on May 25th,my smallest nephew turned 5, my father in law has celebrated his B-Day one day after on the 26th ...and this Saturday one of Sierra's friends at the kinder garden had his birthday party going on-what a busy week for me (making birthday presents of course :D )

My mom told me that Allen (nephew) really wants a dinosaur T-shirt and she can't find one at stores anywhere ...What a pleasant surprise that was (for me) as I have a ready Dino screen laying around for months now (reminiscent  of a custom order I'd make at time when alchemy was still alive on etsy :( I miss alchemy dearly!!! etsy,PLEASE bring it back!!!! PLEASE!!! )  
So I asked my mom to buy a plain T-shirt in the right size,and I printed a OOAK T for my little nephew  

  
I collaged the print from 3 different screens to make this cool Heavy Metal Dino Tee
* check out my cute little swing tags for my PettiBearKID shop

The original screen had some privet customer's joke in the speech box and the street sign...I covered these and replaced their wording with a HEAVY METAL print (I know there is nothing heavy metal about this design,but the font worked really well with the frame and I thought it was funny the word play of "heavy" and the huge dinosaur )
I had a little fuck up at the right side of the frame (the screen has shifted a bit), so I decided to cover the imperfection by adding a splash of color (he,he another word play :-D ) 
Turned out pretty neat ,I LOVE the result and actually considering to sell this design in my kids shop -what do you say?


My father in law got a chocolate fudge  cake as a present lol

and  for the third present ,here is another design I combined from screens made for old custom orders 
a CRIME SCENE Race Car tee


This T went to May (Sierra's kinder garden friend )

The base of this T-shirt was reconstructed from Michael's new old Castro top which he had donated to me :D
"new" because he never wore it,but it was an old T laying in the clothed...so basically,it's an upcycled present 
  
And so,I cut men's Medium size T to make a 6T T-shirt for a 5 year old 
In this project I used two screens to create this crime scene composition 

Finally I found use for all my unused screens which I didn't want to erase,but nevertheless had no use of .

I believe both the designs can sell pretty well for 4-7 range boys (at least I know May likes his new T-shirt ,as he wore it today to the kinder garden...I was so proud seeing him in it and his mom LOVES it! 
Yey :)   

bear_hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment