Sunday, November 28, 2010

Soon to be an owl purse-stay tuned


I saw this gorgeous owl purse on the web and immediately wanted to make one for myself
It took me about 4!!! days to finish the bead embroidery for the head part of the purse only,but I'm really satisfied by the result and very inspired to keep on working on this new creation

Here are some photos of this new project as it gos

This is how it all starts...

and here is the finished head



All the beads are reclaimed and include
  • Ambers chips I got from my aunt as a necklace (not a necklace no more lol)
  • Vintage Chez polished glass beads (ones were my mom's necklace-second not anymore)
  • Pieces from a vintage broken earrings I bought on the flea market
  • Wood beads and Buddha center from Thailand (used to be my hubbies necklace)
  • Glass cabochons which are now the eyes of the owl, were previously used by me and my husband to decorate our wedding invitations and as the centers of the tables on our wedding day
  • The plastic bead that is the owl's nose now ,ones decorated my flip flops :)
  • and... the lot of seed beads I used for the embroidery were rescued by my hubby from a terrible waist- all were found stashed in a box outside the dumpster

Now, all which left to do is cut the pattern I created for the body of the owl and drill about 100 holes in hundreds of Mexico cent coins left from our recent journey to America, to complete the decoration of the owl
Will surely be a continue for the body of the owl and some photos of the finished purse...So as my title reads-Stay Tuned!!!


bear_hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment